SummarySenior user experience strategist with 20 years of experience working with Fortune 50 companies to design seamless multi-channel solutions that ensure cohesive branding and functionality. Excels at translating c-level objectives into enterprise applications that bring transparency, efficiency, actionable data, and user-centric design to employees and customers. Partners cross-functionally to deliver projects from strategy to execution, adapting quickly to shifting priorities and effectively communicating with stakeholders at all levels to achieve business objectives.
Core CompetenciesUX Strategy & Leadership | IoT | Data Visualization | Agile & Lean UX Processes | Mobile Experience Strategy & Design
Interaction Design | Business Intelligence Design | E-Commerce Strategy & Design | Customer Journey Mapping | User Research
Story Boards, Personas & User Stories | Data Monitoring & Analysis | Prototyping, Mock-ups & Wireframes | Desktop Applications
Accessibility & 508 Compliance | Executive Presentations | Standards Documents, Style Guides & Icons| Spanish Fluency
Led UX strategy and vision for a new e-commerce site for the US Mint that addressed fragmented branding, manual purchasing processes, and the disconnect with younger potential and existing collectors. Championed responsive design, worked cross-functionally with stakeholders in six different divisions, and successfully completed the project in eight months increasing revenue and customer engagement, and mitigating the loss of millions in transaction errors.
Crafted and implemented a UX initiative to help nuclear engineers visualize the complex fuel life cycle in nuclear plants by developing monitoring, analysis, and reporting/visualization tools. Over two years, replaced manual paper-based processes with a business intelligence dashboard that provided comprehensive reporting, ensured federal compliance and safety, and boosted plant efficiency.
Rapidly responded to critical issues that arose during Hurricane Harvey. Over four days, created monitoring visualizations for multiple management levels, designed new mobile apps for linemen in the field, and transformed a manual reporting process to a digital automation workflow. Ensured that process was user-friendly, highly secure, and functional online and offline. The new tools and workflow took weeks off of critical response time.
Directed the corporate rebranding of a healthcare cost management company with multiple products and subsidiaries. Created a multi-channel brand style guide that included corporate identity and intranet; print and online marketing; and technology product interfaces to ensure a cohesive customer experience. Enabled much more successful cross-selling and resulted in increased market share.
Treverity | VP of Customer Experience | Houston, Texas | 2016 – present
Lead the development of Treverity’s customer experience model that transformed corporate vision from branding to software design for the utility industry.
* Established “Human Integration” as a central product for the organization, a service that has increased demand, interest, and revenue.
* Designed a dashboard solution for energy data visualization that was critical for CenterPoint energy’s disaster response during Hurricane Harvey.
Citi | Lead UX Architect (Consultant) | Dallas, Texas| 2016
Collaborated with executive customer experience team to promote an innovation lab focusing on the latest trends in mobile CX including AI, chatbots, linked transactions and customized global optimization. Developed micro animations and visualizations to be presented to WHO
GE Nuclear | User Experience Strategist and Architect (Consultant) | Location | 2014 –2016 (is this correct?)
Establish strategic direction in modernizing nuclear life cycle monitoring, analysis, and reporting. Worked with executives to present and explain the business intelligence visualization strategy and capabilities.
* Architected and designed interfaces and workflows, combining best practices with user needs.
* Established continuous improvement feedback loop with customers.
* Led integration of lean UX best practices with agile/SCRUM methods already in place.
The U.S. Mint | User Experience Architect and Strategic Lead (Consultant) | Washington, D.C. | 2014
Established strategic direction of new U.S Mint e-commerce experience
* Interviewed users, establish personas and present findings to the executive team
* Defined e-commerce best-practice approaches as applied to U.S. Mint user needs.
* Led marketing, design and development team in applying User Experience vision.
* Directed UX teams in crafting and implementing design approaches
Hitachi Consulting, Dell & Dow Chemical | User Experience Design Lead (Consultant) | Dallas, Texas | 2011 – 2013
Led user experience teams in crafting and implementing design approaches for clients’ digital transformation solutions including mobile and desktop applications, internal portals, and e-commerce sites.
* Implemented style standards for global portals, and created design assets.
* Researched and defined emerging platform opportunities and authored design prototypes.
* Performed heuristic and formal assessments, and other user research.
* Guided and managed content owners on the development of a new portal.
The Richards Group | User Experience Architect | Dallas, Texas | 2011 – 2012
Functioned as UXA on multiple web and mobile projects simultaneously, partnering with agency clients and internal creative, branding, and development teams. Clients included Chuck E. Cheese (branding), Pier One (e-commerce), and Home Depot (emerging technologies).
* Played a key role on digital strategy and new business engagements, providing actionable recommendations to meet conversion and acquisition goals.
* Led the planning and execution of user research studies and evangelized the value of approach, findings, and recommendations.
* Performed heuristic and competitive analysis to optimize digital presence.
The Broadlane Group | User Experience Creative Lead | Dallas, Texas | 2005 – 2010
Led a team of 4, and agency-partners to create and manage print and interactive experiences for Broadlane, a cost management company and its health care clients. Responsible for budget of 350,000 dollars. Purpose was to service leaders in crafting diverse messages for a parent brand and subsequent child brands.
* Established multi-channel branding approach, organized and authored style guides and implemented consistent visual approach both in print and interactive that resonated with users
* Led the application of consistent UX methodology to a series of Silverlight applications and CMS portal. Designed consistent, accessible, easy-to-use interfaces.
* Desktop and mobile project design engagements for various Fortune 500 firms.
* Delivered critical design insights, utilized deep knowledge of best practices in UX and Usability, and provided actionable recommendations to key stakeholders and their project teams.
* Guided internal communications leaders in implementing visual standards and campaigns.